Tuesday, May 06, 2008


May 6, 2008

HABITUAL COPING MECHANISM


Do you know some of the external signs that indicate that you aren't feeling aligned? The sign for me is that I start to eat, and eat and eat. I'm not hungry, sometimes, I'm even full but - I eat. When I was married, I looked up one day and I was suddenly 70 pounds heavier. I'm not exaggerating. I swear I don't remember ever "realizing" that I was gaining weight until one day I was going to work and I couldn't wear ANY of my clothes. I lost the weight but since then, in any relationship after that, if I found myself needing to reach for food, I paid attention and began to examine my situation before the weight gaining began. I also began to notice that this behavior was true if my finances, my job, or anything was out of alignment. I would always reach for food. This dynamic became a great indicator to me "that something missing" or "out of alignment." I grew to trust that indicator even if I had consciously told myself that "everything was fine". By paying attention to this external habitual coping mechanism, I am now able to stop, pay attention and get out of situations that are not in alignment with my core in a much shorter amount of time. Looking back, I realized that using food to cope was something that I had always done. I can't always trust my mind, or even my heart but an ingrained habitual coping mechanism gives me all the information I need to take stock of what I'm settling for and/or avoiding.


ACTION PLAN:
What do you do to cope when you are out of alignment with your core?
Do you stay busy, busy, busy, start new projects, seek a relationship,...spend money. You'll know you've selected the right one when you can trace the pattern throughout your life.

Please send me your habitual coping mechanisms to emotionalmoney@gmail.com. By sharing it, it may help someone notice what they couldn't see for themselves.



REVLON RUN/WALK

Thank you so much to those of you that contributed to the Revlon Run/Walk Fight Against Women's Cancer. I raised $690 and our team raised $2500. THANK YOU for helping to fight women's cancers! It was a magical walk through Central Park. at the end of the walk, as the survivors spoke, on a chilly gray morning, one of the last survivors shared that she had lost two grandmothers, her mother, and eight cousins before they reached 30 and she herself had beat cancer four times. As we applauded the courage of each of these women, the sun came out.
May we soon find a cure.
Donations are accepted until June 1st.
https://www.revlonrunwalk.com/ny/secure/MyWebPage.cfm?pID=437982&CFID=681049&CFToken=300d605e04ddd30e-C7DD37FD-ECB4-E269-81E0D847DC44B5D9





___________________________________________________
Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or
events please email me at emotionalmoney@gmail.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues
please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line
"unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding
Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra
Am Management."



Copyright 2008

No comments: