Tuesday, May 13, 2008


May 13, 2008


NOW WHAT?


If you haven't already, please read last weeks blog, Habitual Coping Mechanism's before proceeding.

Here are some other Habitual Coping Mechanism that were shared by "Emotional Money readers. Do you recognize yourself in any of these?

"Food, relationships, spending, workoholism"

"...saying sarcastic ("funny") remarks..."

"...using my credit card & smoking cigarettes.."


Excellent. Now that we recognize the external signs that indicate that we aren't in alignment with our core, now what?

After gaining 70 pounds, once I became conscious, I started working out and decided that I would eat right. But after a week of stressful arguments at home, once again I found comfort in food. I had to admit to myself that if I didn't want gain more weight, I would have to seek assistance outside of myself. I joined Weight Watchers. Having a community of people to share my challenges and successes with gave me the motivation I needed to help me to remember to make choices that would serve me.
GET SUPPORT

As I was feeling better about myself, I had to admit, despite my love for my husband, I was mostly unhappy when I was with him and vice versa. Although we'd tried everything, in the end, we couldn't deny that despite our love for eachother what each of us needed the other couldn't provide. This was true before we married, but we weren't willing to be honest. I made the decision to leave my husband.
BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

Once I knew it was over emotionally, the circumstances financially, logistically, etc. caused us to keep living together for 3 more months. In spite of having support and making the decision, in the end I had to actually pack boxes, rent a truck and move.
TAKE ACTION


Of course, I am simplifying a very, very difficult time in my life. I will save the details of this journey that has forever altered the course of my life for my memoirs. However, I hope that by sharing my story it may allow you to begin to take stock of your core being, sooner rather than later. The blessings and course of my life has turned out so much more beautiful as a result of that pain. Now I know the joy on the other side of the pain. The sooner I recognize when I'm out of alignment, the sooner I get support, the sooner I am willing to be honest with myself, the sooner I take action. I, YOU, WE ARE WORTH IT.


PLAN OF ACTION
1. If you haven't already..identitify your Habitual Coping Mechanism.
2. Identify the specific cause for your core to be out of alignment.
3. Get Help - supportive friend, family member, seminar...(books are fantastic - but
in this case a supportive human being is necessary.)
4. Be Honest with Yourself
5. Take Action

Please let me know the 5 steps that you have done or will be doing in order to clear space for your joy. Email them to emotionalmoney@gmail.com. You sharing will help others!



___________________________________________________
Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or
events please email me at emotionalmoney@gmail.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues
please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line
"unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding
Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra
Am Management."



Copyright 2008

No comments: