Sunday, April 08, 2007



April 9, 2007



A WORLD BRED IN...

Ah fear. The staple and comfort of life. If things are going well, then look out, something bad is coming. If things are already bad then look out, it's going to get worse. I used to really believe this cycle. Sometimes I still slip back into old habits. But I slip less. I attribute "slipping less" to my theme of the past year. It was "33 and Finally Free." Each time fear rises internally or from an outside source I only had to remind myself of my theme-I was finally free. My need to control, convince and be right was no longer as important as experiencing being free. I could take my hands off of it. I could let go. This year I have had to let go of friends, lovers, art, money, pride and written materials that I thought were worth holding on to. But when my sense of freedom was threatened and I started to feel penned in - more important then being right or convincing someone of my truth - was my stronger need for peace and ease. When I started to feel confused, tight and stressed, I trusted the internal clues that I simply needed to release and be free.

Fear breeds tension, unhappiness, seperation and wars. Being free and practicing love with those of the same intentions towards peace and away from "crazy making" and fear breeds abundance, love, peace, ease and connection. As I approach my 34th birthday on Saturday, April 14th, my theme for the new year is "34 RELIEVED AND IN EASE."

I thank each and everyone of you for contributing to my incredible journey this year. In a world that thrives on creating, selling and promoting control and fear,I wish you freedom, peace and ease.



I HAVE SPENT YEARS
LOOKING THROUGH A CIRCLE
by Mark Nepo


After the Iliad, the Odyssey,
after the break, the being broken,
after the bondage, the wandering in the desert,
after the sorry loss, the trail back to the beginning,
after the inner Iliad, the inner Odyssey,
after the dark tumble, the light,
after the clouding, the clearing,
after the clearing, another clouding,
after the light, another darkness,
after the blindness, another blindness,
after holding on, the sweet letting go,
after narrowing, the fall,
after sinking, the rising,
after rising, another sinking,
after falling in, the surprise
after everything, nothing,
after nothing, everything,
after the crucible that is you,
the world.
*****************************************
These reflections are excerpts from several books. Mark has two new
books appearing in 2007: A new book of poems, Surviving Has Made Me
Crazy, CavanKerry Press, was just released in February 2007; and a new
book of spiritual non-fiction, Facing the Lion, Being the Lion: Inner
Courage and Where It Lives, Red Wheel/Conari Press, will appear in
September 2007. For more info, please visit www.MarkNepo.com.



Please visit Mark Nepo's website. He's an inspiration in truths.

__________________________________________

PLAN OF ACTION:
1) Create a theme for yourself.
(Your theme is not a stated goal that may cause you to feel an obligation to follow a set of rules. Create a theme; a statement that causes you to smile and feel at ease.)
2) Please share your theme with at least one other person. (Declaring it is different then just letting it be a secret inside your own head.)
Don't believe me-I invite you to declare your theme to a positive, supportive person in your life and experience the difference for yourself!

SAMARRA AM MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Stay tuned in June for my new package: Dots Connected.
For those satisfied with their finances but who want the answers as to why there are repeated unfulfilling patterns in other areas of their lives.

"Emotional Money" interview on April 23, 2007 with
Heather Scheiwe founder, writer and publisher for
Alive Arts Media-a magazine for young women, by young women
web: http://www.alivemagazine.org

UPCOMING:
Laraaji Venus Nadananda
GONG TONE MEDITATION
When: Saturday, April 14, 2007
Where:Integral Yoga Institute
227 w 13TH NY, NY
Time:1:15-3:15PM
Cost: $24

RSVP 212/929.0586 (Gong)


If you have an upcoming event, seminar, performance, etc. please email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com. It may be exactly what someone has been looking for.
____________________________________________________
Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or
events please email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues
please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line
"unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding
Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra
Am Management."

No comments: