Sunday, December 03, 2006


December 4, 2006

BUTTERFLIES OF GLEE!

Have you ever heard of a "minga"? I was reading an article in The Epoch Times entitled Me to We. It was by Craig and Marc Kielburger-founders of Free The Children,(www.freethechildren.com) who went to the mountains of Ecoduar with a group of North American school aged children to build a school for a local community. "They worked feverishly for two weeks" but they weren't going to be able to finish the school before they would have to leave. They went to the "village chief to break the bad news." Through a translator, she said "no problem, I'll just call a... minga. Craig and Marc had no idea what a minga was. She went to her door, and bellowed in a giant voice, 'Tomorrow...there will be a minga'." The next day the village square was filled with hundreds of people that had come from miles around. The school was finished in one day. They accomplished in a few hours what it would have taken weeks to finish. A minga is a call to action - a coming together of community for the benefit of all.


Today was the first time since starting my blog on September 3rd that it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to say. It has been such a hard yet amazing week that I didn't have any idea where to begin. I'm dedicating the month of December to focusing on stories and issues regarding finances. So I guess I'll start there. The emotion running my financial picture sounds like "I can't, because I don't have the money." Growing up everything I ever started and loved, I had to stop because there wasn't enough money to continue. Modeling, ballet, skiing, even staying at my first choice college. Even when I was older and my mom's financial picture improved considerably-that was still my conversation. If there was something I really wanted to do-my first thought was "I don't have the money." I wouldn't do it and blame it all on lack of money.

This truly affected my life because I would see something I wanted and before I could even get to, "I don't have enough money" I just automatically would reject that which I really wanted. I would feel the emotion of glee inside and immeidately clamp down and turn away from it. Not look at the price tag, not even explore any options, savings, other resources; I'd simply settle and turn away from anything that gave me butterflies of glee. I had taken control. The problem of course is that my control meant that I was denying myself even the possibility of being able to have exactly what I wanted. We all know the example of the flea's in the jar. At first the flea's bang against the lid. After a while they fly but they don't crash into the lid anymore. But after the lid is off the fleas still only jump to the height of where the lid used to be. Depriving themselves of the freedom that is now right there. Each time I counsel someone I see myself in them and it helps to remind me. I don't have to deny myself anymore. It's not about the money, it's about my energy and belief. I've seen it in my life and in my customers so I know it is true! It is not about the physical money. But I developed this habit over two decades so sometimes I forget. My "Wham" (see last weeks blog at www.emotionalmoney.blogspot.com) has turned out to be such a blessing. I love the new job-it's organization heaven, challenging and there is down time but without the interruption of the phones. And I got a raise. Once I admitted to myself I really like the job than I realized I wasn't willing to settle. Much more work for the same money for 3 more months. I couldn't. I asked them for a raise, they agreed.

Now I wish it was that simple. But we are talking about me. First I was upset because I liked the job. Then got over that. After asking for the raise when they told me a number I was upset-just like when they gave me the promotion. But I said fine I'll take it. Then 5 hours later I was doing the math and I realized it was that number times 4 AND per year it was $1800 more than what I was going to ask for. Thank goodness GOD has dreams for me bigger than my own. I was so close to leaving-to another FT receptionist position. And I had everything I wanted right here. The difference this time. I listened to the angels-people around me-emails I received in response to "Wham" and realized what I was doing BEFORE I put a clamp on my butterflies and walked away justified and in control. This time because I wasn't alone in my own head: from coaching others, being in community and sharing, THIS TIME I get to have the butterflies of glee.

Do you know what your emotion is that is running your financial picture-your life?
What has it stopped you from doing/dreaming/being?
This past emotion is something that affects all areas of your life. If you get to the root-the actual emotion-it will surprise you. If it dosen't feel like a new discovery, then that is not it.

I invite you to do a free 30-45 minute consulatition with me.(These consultations will no longer be free after December 31st.) I guarantee you, you will be inspired afterwards. You will have the reason for why you feel stuck, unfulfilled, like something is missing... The discovery is that you are the cause. It's inspiring because when you see how you're the cause then you know that you create something different. The new year is right around the corner-"Emotional Money" for the month of December will be calling you to each week take an action.

Believe me the Wham's lead to Butterflies of Glee-it's soooooo worth it!!!

I'm bellowing to YOU- MINGA!




CALL TO ACTION:
Identify the past emotion running your finances and your life.
Contact me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com or 718-350-6095 for a free consultation.


BLOGS/WEBSITES TO CHECK OUT:

If you are a business owner and would like to list your specials for "Emotional Money" readers please email me your info by Saturday of the week and I'll post it.

In time for the holidays: Here is a message and info from a good friend, actor and business owner: Mike Lesser:
I am now a Polestar Certified Pilates Instructor. And I also own my own online shopping web site. Here is my way to combine all of the above and help out organizations that I believe in. They are: American Cancer Society, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, The Actors' Fund & Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids. My goal is to raise $1000 for these organizations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pilates
My current rates are:
Intro session--$35/hr. Single--$70/hr. 5 Sessions for $250 10 Sessions for $450.
If purchased between now and December 31, 2006.
10 sessions- $50 will go to your choice from the above Organizations.
5 sessions- $25 will go to your choice from the above Organizations.
So think about the people in your life and give the gift of Pilates. Or just give it to yourself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is The Healthy Plan?
I sell over 877+ products. Some of the Lines are: Anti-Aging, Auto Care, Cosmetics(same manufacturers as MAC, Este Lauder), Gourmet Coffee, Health & Nutrition, Home & Garden, Personal Care, Pet Care, Transitions Weight Management System (Low glycemic eating), Water Filtrations System and more.

www.TheHealthyPlan.biz
Incentive-10% off to you for all Purchases from now until December 31, 2006
(In order to get the 10% off you must contact me so I can put the order through manually in order to ensure that it goes through properly.)
5% will be donated from the order to be split among the Organizations.
You can choose to donate all 15% of the order if you like, but not obligated to.
(If you choose this option you can place the order directly on the site, using your credit card and it will be processed.)
Discover, MasterCard & Visa. Credit Cards are preferred. Checks & Cash are acceptable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.bestcoachesinc.com
www.landmarkeducation.org

www.nelressamonique.com
www.thewomensmosaic.org
www.eatingfear.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or events please email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line "unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra Am Management."



Copyright 2006

No comments: