Tuesday, January 08, 2008


January 8, 2008

WHAT CAN I SAY?
Unedited


"Let us think of the future as a house we are building. A brick or plank a day. Some days we may not have any material, a rainy day even, but we do not disregard the future house. Years pass, and finally, the time is right and the future is built."
Excerpt from the Author's Note in The Future Has A Past by J. California Cooper

I was $600.00 away from getting rid of one of my credit cards. I attended a Wealth Expo and knew that I should leave my credit card at home. But there was a Mentorship program and a Feng Shui program that I knew would aid me in getting to my goals faster. The next day I got my credit card, told myself it was an investment and celebrated as I knew these programs were going to help me accomplish my goals much faster. Two weeks later I received a bonus for the holidays that would have allowed me to have paid off that card and have had money to spare.

I had a list of excuses to justify my purchases:
1) My ongoing family crisis has made me so aware of how quickly everything in life
can alter in one second and how important not having a financial foundation
effects everything.
2) I want to help my family yesterday.
3) It's an investment.
4) You have to spend money to make money.

In the end, the excuses don't matter. I now have a another $1800 on a card that I could have been saying is paid off. I had been implementing and sticking to my plan, but it was so much slower than what I desired. I attended a seminar, got excited again for a faster way and had no idea that around the corner something was coming that was going to allow me to pay it off and have money to spare.

I've decided that I can not attend anymore seminars and Expo's right now because I do not have the patience and control to resist what they have to sale. This will not be forever but it will be until I can attend knowing that I have the money and or the resources to pay in cash or within 30 days. The good news is that all I have to do is keep doing what I had been doing. It was working. I could be beating myself up now and stay focused on my "rainy day" but instead I'm staying focused on the "future house" and going back to doing what I had been doing. I trust that another unforseen "bonus" will arrive again and this time I'll be able to take full advantage of its arrival.


The answer to last weeks Plan of Action:

I think the reason your credit score will improve if you have a
credit limit increase is because your balance will be that much lower
than your limit. One of the elements that makes up the credit score
is available credit vs. credit used. The closer to your limit the
lower your score.
Melinda, NYC


Thank you, Melinda! If the answer surprised you, tune in to "Emotional Money" next week to learn why my credit score went up 40 points in less than 6 months and how, where and why to get your credit score and do the same.



PLAN OF ACTION:
1) I would like a reader a month to ask me on the last day of the month, if I made
any charges on my card?
Please email me at emotionalmoney@gmail.com to let me know your name, email
address and what month(s) you'll be asking me.
2) Ask yourself what is your "weakness" ahead of time so you can implement a plan that will allow you to stick to your goals. Mine are wealth building seminars and my plan is to stay away from them for the time being, what is yours?




___________________________________________
Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or
events please email me at emotionalmoney@gmail.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues
please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line
"unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding
Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra
Am Management."



Copyright 2007

No comments: