Monday, November 26, 2007

November 26, 2007


Due to a family emergency, I am rerunning/reclaiming my favorite blog
from April 2, 2007.

SWEAT-A SONG FROM THE HEART

An hour and a half bus ride and I was transported to another space and
time. Sitting in an igloo like structure, this one a hand-made frame
of sculptured sticks with blankets layered on top sealing in darkness
and heat. Being heated by rocks brought over from the volcanos of New
Mexico, sweat poured from my face as four of us sang, prayed, drummed
and...yes sweated. Wearing a long dress, skirt underneath, a button
down long sleeved shirt and rubber boots, we carried pales of water
toward the fire. A few hours later with smiles and a song in our
hearts we walked away from the fire cleansed. Sitting around the
table, we feasted on fish, yams, tempe, and brown rice, sharing an
appreciation for the cleansing we'd shared-2 couples and a son. Only
an hour and a half outside the noise of the city, peace from the noise
of our minds.

Returning on the bus I reflected on the irony of having "lost" in the
last few months 3 friends I thought would always be there, while
simultaneously gaining a new love, friendships, community, and peace.
As the son in charge of the fire accidently set the pipe used during
the ritual on fire, with fear in his heart he called for his
step-mother, the sweat lodge leader. His father, firm and full of love
stated "handle it." The mother remained silent allowing her son his
growth. He exhaled and his hands knew to use the wet earth that was
right at his fingertips. He pressed the wet mud into the places that
needed cooling. I had such an overwhelming feeling that I had just
been given a gift of witnessing the secret flow of life. A "child"
gets scared and calls outside himself for help, when reminded of his
wisdom, he exhales and his body free of the mind instantly knows what
needs to be done. The pipe now cooled. The child mature and proud
knowing he had the capability to solve matters on his own.

My journey to this different space and time, I now know why I was so
full last weekend. It was my time of understanding even among my
safest space-my mother and grandmother-I no longer felt like the child
as they gathered in my home. I've lived on my own since college but
this home, this visit was/is different. Although I've been saying
since I was 5 that I was "grown" and people always told me I was
mature for my age, I understand fully, only now am I actually a mature
adult. And many of the choices I've made personally and professionally
recently, though difficult, were me placing wet earth in my places
that needed to be cooled. Maybe too that is why community and who we
are surrounded by is so important. In those moments of doubts and fear
we need the silence and the wisdom of love to aid us in taking the
step in spite of our fears. If positive people aren't surrounding us
we're either cuddled or torn down-neither allows us the trust and
opportunites to take steps forward beyond our fears. Now that I'm
cooled, surrounded and meeting continously positive uplifting
energies, the connections made are leading me daily on a path unknown;
towards soul cleansing, loving experiences filled with abundance. A
"sweat lodge" is a ritual from the Lakota Indian tradition. A
cleansing of the soul.

The song that rose in my heart as we departed the fire-I share with you.
(I don't remember who it is by-I used to sing it with my mother when I
was younger)
"Love is all around me, love is all around me, and I know it won't be
easy. And I know it won't be easy. I know, I know, I know it won't be
easy, with love all around me. There's no doubt in my mind. I'm
(we're) gonna make it!


PLAN OF ACTION: BELIEVE!


SAMARRA AM MANAGEMENT EVENTS
Title: CCC: Why We Can't Resist Their S***wipe!
When: Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Where: The Red Tent Women's Project
338 4th Street, between 5th & 6th Avenues, ground floor
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Time: 7:30-9pm
Cost: Free (accepted donations - all proceeds will support the
The Red Tent Women's Project)

Mark your calendars and stay tuned for details.
Visit:www.redtentwomensproject.org to learn more about this wonderful organization.


Free Teleseminar Monday, December 3rd 8pm-9pm!
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for the topic.

EVENTS
Title: The Red Tent Women's Project Holiday Bazzar
When: Saturday, December 8 & Sunday, December 9th
Where: The Red Tent Women's Project
338 4th Street, between 5th & 6th Avenues, ground floor
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Time: 1pm-6pm

Candles, soaps, photography, hand-knitted scarves & sweaters, body & skin care, jewelry and much much more!

A portion of the proceeds will support The Red Tent Women's Project.



______________________________________
Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or
events please email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues
please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line
"unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding
Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra
Am Management."



Copyright 2007

No comments: