Saturday, September 16, 2006

September 18, 2006


"SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW"
where skys are blue
find the dreams that we dare to dream
really do come true

AFFIRMATION: I RELEASE MY FEAR OF LACK AND ACCEPT THE ABUNDANCE AND PROSPERITY OF THE UNIVERSE


You're in the subways of New York City. There are hundreds of people behind you, all rushing to get where they're going. You swipe your card. SLAM! It dosen't go through. You are slammed still. So are the hundreds behind you. You're not hurt but you've been slammed to a halt so suddenly that you expect to hurt, but you don't. It's a jolt. For a moment all you can do is stand still, breath, and realize how unconsciously you were moving through your day. You're awake and aware in that moment. Then you feel the hundreds behind you, you swipe again and this time you go forward. It dosen't take long to be unconscious again but for that present moment-you're jolted AWAKE.

I went to a performance in Upstate New York last Sunday. Jill Gardner sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow. She was a saprano and I swear with each soaring note, as she outstretched her arms and her spirit soared I felt like I was going to lift off any minute-I could fly-I could do anything I wanted. Tears streamed down my face with hope, possibility and love.
One moment I was simply enjoying the perfomance, the next I literally felt like I could fly. One moment we're moving along as a group unconsciously to our destination, the next jolted AWAKE. One moment we're alive the next we die.

I started a full time job three weeks ago. One moment they sent me a rejection letter. I sat in front of my radio and cried for an hour. It was the job I had dreamed up 6 months before and wow I didn't get it. After starting a part time job I received a call from the company that had rejected me, saying they'd made a mistake, when could I start. I couldn't believe it. My immediate thought was that's what you get for not choosing me. No way am I going to accept the job. My pride and ego was at full heights. One moment.
In that moment. I called my mom. My plan was to laugh and gloat. "Look mom, now I get to reject them hee-hee-hee." My mom got real quiet. "What's wrong?" I asked. She said very quietly, "I thought this was what you wanted." I was struck silent, slammed into myself. I quickly got off the phone with her. I sat still and tears streamed down my face. SLAM! For the sake of my pride and ego I was literally one second away from having pushed away the exact thing I wanted.

What mantra/affirmation/community/job/game/career/relationship are you committed to claiming for yourself? What will be your jolt-an unpleasant slam against cold metal, the subtle soaring note of a saprano-or getting the exact "thing" you've dreamed of?

"Somewhere over the Rainbow" we, you, I, him, her-is within.
One moment I was.....the next ....
Somewhere over the rainbow
where the skys are blue
And the dreams
That We Dare to DREAM
REALLY DO COME TRUE!


Still looking for another winner from last weeks contest.
Name the author for Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway-post it on the blog and receive your free copy!

Next Week: "HMMMMMMMMM!"



JOBS
Morgan Contracting Company
Call Mark Wedderbaum
212-677-5040
Plan Clerk
(I don't know details how much, specific duties but I know they have been a great place to work. So call and find out, it may be exactly what you've been looking for)
Let him know Samarra sent you.

Emergency Skills Inc.
$18/hour teaching CPR
They will pay for CPR certification.
Very flexible; needs lots of instructors.
Please email resume to:
Sarah Gilliam sarah@emergencyskills.com
212-564-6833
Let her know Samarra sent you


Free Teleseminar
Curtis Schmitt-amazing life coach
Register for Time Management Mastery: The 5 Master Keys to Effective Time Management & Planning (and receive a free subscription to the Turn On to Life! monthly ezine)
Wednesday, October 4 at 8pm
Saturday, October 14 at 10am
www.TurnOnToLife.com

copyright 2006

2 comments:

Samarra Mbenga said...

Since launching my blog I have continously received emails that you are enjoying "Ëmotional Moneÿ." Your comments and stories have truly touched me. If anyone is willing-I'd encourage you to go ahead and post your comments here-the story and insights you share will be the exact thing needed by someone else. I thank you all so much for your support. Be sure to tune in every Monday and pass it on.

TurnOnToLife.com said...

Samarra, wow. Another beautiful and touching essay. SLAM! You are absolutely right. We all have moments of clarity like that. And it's in those moments that we are free of our hypnotic trance. It's in those moments that we can take action! It's in those moments that growth can happen...if we get out of our own way and let it.