Sunday, November 19, 2006


November 20, 2006



RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

I was walking in the Port Authority at 2 in the morning. Somehow I had gotten lost and I was on a side that I didn't recognize. There was a woman on the ground. Her body was not coorporating at all. It was very clear her intent was to get up and walk but none of her limbs were working. As people passed they asked if she wanted help. She very adamately said "no- leave me alone." Because she was so clearly embarassed and angry, people obeyed her command despite what they saw. A very well dressed completely helpless woman on the floor of Port Authority. I walked over to her and asked if she wanted help. Her response to me was the same. "No, leave me alone, I'm fine." I tried to leave her alone but I couldn't. So I walked a few steps back and decided to stand there with her. Through this process which was probably about 10 minutes she was continously stuggling to get up and she would simply just writhe on the floor. Nothing was working. Finally she yelled at her body in anger and then cried. I came closer. I sat on the floor with her and said it's going to be okay. People had stopped walking through-it was suddenly a ghost town. So we just sat. Now she relaxed and cried. And I just said over and over "its going to be okay." She then started telling me how she had just missed the last bus going to her town. How could she possibly get home? What was she going to do? Her friends she had met with had already left and she couldn't understand what was happening with her body. What was she going to do? I just kept rubbing her back and saying everything was going to be okay. I then asked her general questions about her home and family. Eventually we both relaxed even more. After about 10 minutes she decided she was going to try to stand. She made it to her knees. And then we just looked at eachother and smiled. Then holding hands we stood. Two strangers at 2 in the morning estastic and now hugging. She was standing and able to walk with absolutely no problem whatsoever. I had been with her as she had writhed on the floor and it was difficult for me even to believe that just minutes before this was the same woman. She realized that she could call a driver service she had used in the past. She was fine and refused further assistance. We hugged again and smiled and we each went, forever changed, our seperate ways.

As we've lost Gerald Lavert and Ed Bradely and countless others in the last few weeks, I'm amazed at how short and unpredicatable live is. How regardless of money, status, connection, etc. life is only ours in the present moment that we have it. The next moment truly is not guaranteed.

The holidays are upon us. I usually always resist them. I don't feel like traveling, I don't have a partner, I don't have any money, I don't have any money, I don't etc. But this year I think I'll try something different. Relaxing, smiling, stroking my own back and repeating everything is going to be okay. Resisting is futile-of course that's never stopped me from resisting in the past. But the process of pushing against does cause the body and mind to writhe unnecessarily and uncontrollably. I think I'll try relaxing this holiday season and maybe I'll be waving in the new year forever changed but with a smile, hug and an embrace of my power, and an appreciation for being ALIVE.


I wish you all a peaceful and joyful Thanksgiving!!

Here is a beautiful story a friend emailed me after reading last weeks blog-"Whose Fault Is It Anyway?"

When I was a child, I wanted to give away money -- my notion was to fly (with wings or my arms) around the world and drop money, probably pennies in those days, to people who were in need. I completely let go of that dream, forgot about it actually. Then in my early 40's, I worked for a foundation that gives money to grassroots organizations in Africa. I of course had to fly there to meet with groups, which I selected as possibilities and then recommended to the board for funding. And at some point I realized I was living my dream of giving away money, and flying to do so.
Virginia Hubbs, Boalsburg, PA



Adventures in Abundance was an incredible success. I have CD ROM's for sale for only $5.00 )plus $2.00 shipping and handling) that has inspiring tools from each of us:

Laura Allen: 15secondpitch
Scott Foster: Clean and Feed Total Health Solution
Samarra Mbenga: Samarra Am Management
Curtis Schmitt: Turn On To Life

Increase your abundance around your time, money, health and passion. To get your copy call me at 718-350-6095 or email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com.



FOOD FOR THOUGHT: A QUITTER NEVER WINS AND A WINNER NEVER QUITS





Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or events please email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com.


Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues please post and join in the conversation.
Thank you to the many of you that emailed me personally regarding last week's blog-"Whose Fault Is It Anyway?" Tears came to my eyes hearing about the memories of the dreams you'd attained. Thank you so much for sharing.


To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line "unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra Am Management."





Copyright 2006

No comments: