Sunday, October 29, 2006


October 30, 2006


JUST HAVE FUN!

"Whoever wants to reach a distant goal must take many small steps." Helmut Schmidt

What I noticed from each of the amazing interviews from the last 3 weeks was that each person, once the interview was over, took a moment and realized all they'd done, gotten through and accomplished in their lives. They'd forgotten. And it was such a gift to hear them get how great they are. We are all so busy, busy, busy, doing, doing, doing that we often forget how truly amazing we are. Take a moment and reflect back on all that you've been, done, accomplished and dreamed over your lifetime.

These last few weeks have been extremely challenging. For the first time in my career the normal small steps I take to research weren't leading me anywhere, each rehearsal I was getting more frustrated than relieved, going into tech I felt like I didn't have a clue who any of my characters were. Being told by a good friend "do you know anything about positive affirmations." "Yes, of course" I thought to myself. That's the whole premise of my weekly blogs-positive affirmations. My friend said to me well I think you need to practice-your negativity and frustration is not only affecting you but everyone around you. I notice you do it a lot and I think it's time for you to stop. Okay, all together now OOUUUCHHHH!!!!!

Whew, there is nothing more eye opening than truth. I was reminded of more than 15 years ago after one of my performances. After the show, my mom and others came to say how well I'd done and I went into my usual "I didn't do this and I didn't do that etc." Finally my mom had had enough and she said to me- I am so sick of you doing this. We try to compliment you because we actually enjoyed the performance and you ruin it everytime because we have to sit and listen to your complaints and critique and I'm sick of it, stop it. If you're unhappy with your performance-keep it to yourself and stop ruining it for everyone else.

I stopped of course because it was my mom but now I was forced to say nothing but "Thank You." It was uncomfortable at first because I wanted to dispute them. But then when I was listening and just being with them then I got to just enjoy their experience. Then a funny thing happened-I started to focus on the positive myself and my very negative mind chatter was not as loud as the positive. Here it was all these years later and I was doing it again. Focusing on the negative. What I hadn't done or figured out or accomplished. This play "Imaginary Invalid" by Moliere-has the character that focuses on being sick to get attention and the lovers that fall in love at first sight and break all rules, constraints and boundaries to get their loves. My experience with love, relationships etc. has been nothing except drama and anx and I was taking a character free of all that and putting on the anx and hopelessness. I was taking the Samarra who wants to be free of all that drama and have seminars dedicated to creating abundance and fun and forgetting I need to practice it in my own life-day to day. One thing about acting-it has always forced me to have to deal with myself-no wonder I quit the business for 4 years. (A very "easy" but very stagnant 4 years.) Once the audience was there and with the words of my friend in my ear-what choice did I have? Just to let go-be free and have fun. Guess what? Just like I had learned years ago-it is so much lighter and easier to simply have fun! I keep forgetting.

The seasons change, no longer a time for anx and drama. It's now a time for lightness, freedom and fun. The kicker, both are always there but it's up to me to choose which one I'm going to focus on and allow in! Thank you Moliere, friend, mom, Curtis, Laura, Scott and my kitten Panther. I'm ready for some freaking fun! Here's to all the small steps!

I hope to see you all at Adventures in Abundance:Ignite Your Money, Time, Health and Passion. Guaranteed it will not be your typical lecture series seminar. There will be "Ouch" moments because that's simply the nature of growth but there will also be an unlimited supply of laughter, refreshments and FUN!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: ANGELS FLY BECAUSE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES LIGHTLY!

(I HAD TO REPEAT THIS ONE FROM LAST WEEK FOR OBVIOUS REASONS)

AFFIRMATION: IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER! SO WHAT I'LL HANDLE IT!

SEMINAR:

ADVENTURES IN ABUNDANCE: IGNITE YOUR MONEY, TIME, PASSION AND HEALTH

When: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2006

Where: RIPLEY GRIER STUDIOS

520 8TH AVENUE (37th & 8th)

Cost: ONLY $15 OR 2 FOR ONLY $20

REGISTER TODAY AT www.adventuresinabundance.com

FREE TELESEMINARS:

Curtis G. Schmitt: Register for Time Management Mastery: The 5 Master Keys to Effective Time Management & Planning @ www.TurnOnToLife.com

Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2006, 8:00 PM EST

Saturday, Nov. 18, 2006, 10:00 AM EST

Any affirmations, suggestions, requests, job notices, teleseminars or events please email me at samarra_am_management@yahoo.com.

Any comments regarding any of the weekly "Emotional Money" issues please post and join in the conversation.

To unsubscribe to "Emotional Money" weekly ezine type in subject line "unsubscribe Emotional Money." To unsubscribe to all notices regarding Samarra Am Management events type in subject line "unsubscribe Samarra Am Management."

Copyright 2006

No comments: